Friday 23 July 2010

DVD #2 - Lucy Benjamin's Dancercise


So of the 100 DVD's on my LoveFilm list, they choose Lucy Benjamin's Dancercise first, even over Carmen Electra's Strip Tease. Well, as the good trouper I am, I gave it a go anyway, much to the scoffing and eye rolling from the other half (yeah, the supportive side didn't last long, although it might return when I get the Carmen Electra DVD...)

Firstly my excuses, I've got a cold, and I can't really breathe. Yet I still managed a fair chunk of this workout. It really isn't hard. I don't have the greatest coordination in the world, but the dance moves are so super easy. Her instructor intrduces the basic moves in the warm up and you use these throughout. New moves aren't introduced until the last 15 minutes! And these are the good moves! Right at the end they put all of the moves together which is great for cardio.



If it's simple or beginners cardio that you are after, or you are getting back into exercise, then this is a good video for you. If you are looking for stretches or flexibility, then you will not enjoy this workout at all, as the stretches are ued for cool down purposes only, and they are the most basic of basic moves.

After the whole workout is finished, Lucy ropes her friends in to show us how easy it is and that anyone can do it. This bit last less than five minutes. Seriously.

The music is fairly varied, but looped. And when I say varied, I mean it comes from somewhere between 1963 and 1985.

I have to say, I do love the moment at the end when Lucy asks the trainer 'Have I been annoying?'
... only through most of Eastenders love, apart from when you shot Phil, that was kinda funny.

Top Tip: Lucy has assumed that everyone has the lounge the size of her workout area, which happens to be the grand hall of a country house. If you have limited space, or like me, downstairs neighbours and two feline friends, you will probably end up breaking something.

Lucy has also included a section on 'Beauty Tips'. She is advised to 'scoop honey from a jar and slap it on her face'. she also advises against soap which isn't pH balanced. All this whilst getting a facial. It's OK advice but really it is stuff that you should already know (don't dunk your fingers in chemicals people!)

Score: 2/5. and only because the other half thought her instructor had 'great' trousers.

No comments:

Post a Comment