Wednesday 14 July 2010

The First Post - An Introduction to Myself

It's probably beneficial to lay out to y'all who I am, and more importantly, how fit/fat/thin/unfit I am. That way, you will know for yourselves where to gauge my progress (because I will make progress, I will!) and other such fitness related things.

So, without further ado...

I am a women (girl) and I'm 23 (and a half).
You can call me Gem.
I am 5 foot 7 inches, and I am currently ( as of this morning) 11 stone 7. That's 161 pounds if you are American, and just over 73 kilos if you like the metric system.
In terms of BMI, mine is (according to the NHS) 25.2.

A healthy BMI is somewhere between 18 and 25, so in terms of what I weigh, I am literally just over. It is recommended that somebody of my height is around 10 stone 7, or 147 pounds, or 67 kilos.

When it comes to dress size, I am a UK size 14, US size 12. This is the average dress size for UK women. I would like to be a size 12 ideally, as I do happen to also have massive boobs, and to be honest, I kinda like 'em.

OK, so, about my life. I live in a second floor apartment (with no lift) with my boyfriend and our two little treasures (kitties!!) in a little village in North Wales, UK. I also happen to work in a fitness club. I'm not kidding folks, I work in a gym.

I realise that the gym is a really scary place, but to be honest, there aren't that many posers; it is full of normal people like you and me who would love to shift a few extra pounds or just burn off that curry they ate last night. But for me, I am in that gym for 40 hours a week. I don't wanna be there anymore than that, and neither do I want my co workers, or even the gym regulars, seeing me sweating away, huffing and puffing on a treadmill, or in my itsy bitsy bikini. I love my colleagues, but sorry guys, it's weird.

So that's why I decided to investigate the fitness DVD. I started searching lovefilm (netflix) for DVD's and realised that they had hundreds!! Boxercise, Salsa, Yoga, Circuits, Pilates, Bollywood, literally everything that you could think of and more. They have all been graded out of five by previous renters, but there is nowhere that really compares the workouts or seem to have been reviewed by a real person.

Well, I am a real person, and I want to lose a stone and feel awesome again after some pretty crappy months. So, with the support of the other half (who surprisingly hasn't laughed at me once yet. Or, if he has, he managed to hide it pretty well...) and the two cats, Benji and Cleo, and with my ONE piece of equipment, a gym/yoga mat, I will commence my unattractive and inflexible but hidden from sight route into a fitter happier me!

...and if this doesn't work, then it's back to the takeaways and chocolate biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment